Personal Care Team
What is Personal Care?
The Apostle Paul challenges us on more than one occasion to "show one another love", "encourage one another and build each other up". That is what our Personal Care ministry is all about. It's our desire to create a climate where the church learns how to look beyond ourselves to see how God wants to use us to be "instruments" of God's love and encouragement.
How to Get Involved
If you have the spiritual gift of encouragement and are interested in being involved in our Personal Care ministry, the following are ways that you can serve on this vital team.
2. Greeting members and guests who attend our church
3. Making visits to first-time guests, those who are home-bound, as well as members in the hospital.
4. Sending notes of encouragement to members and first-time guests.
5. Providing funeral dinners to bereaved families
6. Providing meals to individuals and their family who have experienced a hospital stay
7. Refreshment host/hostess between services.
8. Serve as a driver for our elderly members who cannot drive to various appointments, grocery store, etc.
Our personal care ministry is an attempt to be more than just a spiritual organization, but rather a family caring for one another in personal ways. When a person walks through the doors of our church, our goal is to provide...
1. A warm, personal greeting
2. A positive attitude that is inclusive but not intrusive.
3. A helpful response to every question.
4. A memorable, inspiring worship experience.
5. A compelling biblical message.
6. A clear invitation to visit again.
From greeters who meet you at the door with a smile to a follow up phone call or visit, it is our endeavor to make everyone who checks out the Busti Church of God feel special. In a nutshell, that is what our Personal Care Ministry is all about.
If you would like to be a part of such a team, please email us and we will put you in contact with Nancy Lawson, the team leader, and she will get you connected to serve!